 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 8620
  Re: Want my car? I want your LEGO

(...) I'm always amazed by the numbers of cars I see in the UK from the US and middle east. Most are cars which are quite new, and could be rented here. The cost of bringing it to the UK must make it a real indulgence. Scott A (...) (24 years ago, 25-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Want my car? I want your LEGO

(...) Well, given Lindsay's $1100 or so shipping cost, rental for several months would start to approach the shipping cost. You may also be seeing people avoiding import duties or otherwise finding some angle around cost or regulations. Frank (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.auction)