 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 7987
7986  |  7988
Subject:
Complete sets and pieces for sale
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Sun, 17 Sep 2000 02:40:23 GMT

Over the last 10 years, I have enjoyed the hobby of Lego collecting and
building. My interest started when we first purchased a Lego set for my
son, 6353 Coastal Cutter. I was fascinated with the detail of the set,
and started collecting them for both his enjoyment as well as mine.

However, in the last year, I have found my spare time consumed by other
interests. About a month ago, I went out to the garage where I have all
of my collection stored,  looked at the immensity of it, and thought to
myself "Why am I holding on to any of this? I have no time on
inclination to get any of this out, and it would make other people happy
to add these items to their collections." So.......

I have decided to begin selling off my collection of Lego sets and
parts. I will hang on to a few sets that are interesting to me, but 80-
90% of it will be sold.  I don't have the time to generate a web page or
comprehensive listing of everything available, but a basic summary would
be:

300+ total sets, of which:
~130  Space from 1978 - 1998. Many classic space,  Futuron, Blacktron,
etc.  Both Space monorail sets. A few duplicates and unique sets.
~130  Town from early 80's thru 1998. 2 complete 6542's, Paradisa,
several promotional sets, etc.
~40    Technic sets. Many different sets from 80's and 90's. I may keep
some of these!
~20   Other sets. A Black Seas Barracuda, lots of Bellville, some Dacta,
monorail track, and a bit more.

Lots of individual pieces. I know that is not very descriptive, but I
have bags, storage tubs, multi-compartment drawers, and buckets
literally FILLED with parts. It must total in the area of 50,000-75,000.
I have seen many of these parts listed and sold on Lugnet, RTL,
Auczilla, etc. for rather high amounts, so somebody wants them!

I am going to begin the process of selling this by offering it initially
to those people who can visit me in person. In that way, potential
buyers can see what is available, condition of the items, and can avoid
both the uncertainty of purchasing from a unknown person and shipping
costs. I will begin by doing straight sales at mutually agreed prices.
If I am not able to sell my collection in this way, I will take another
approach, including posting on RTL and Lugnet, and possibly Brickbay.
Let's see how this goes..

As far as for me, I have both lurked and participated on RTL and Lugnet
since 1997, and have both bought and sold Lego with fellow enthusiasts
many times. I will be to supply references if necessary. Now, about
contacting me.....

I live in the Los Angeles, CA area, Buena Park to be precise. I can be
reached by e-mail at moldmaker@znet.com  I will repost this again if
necessary in 1 week. I hope to hear from you soon.

--
John Hughes
ICQ #5838958