 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 794
793  |  795
Subject:
Train stuff from a 4459
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Fri, 5 Feb 1999 04:53:59 GMT

I just bought a totally mangled box that contained most (not all) of Cargo
Railway 4459.

All the parts are new-unused.

Out of what was left of the set I want to sell:

15  curved tracks
2   straight tracks
1   engine (tested and works but there are no wheel guards as seen in 5300)
2   large yellow lowbed things
11  "two wheels"... boggeys I think they are called (as seen in 5304)
2   connection wires (5305)
4   magnetic train couplers (5303) _without_ the magnets (I guess that makes
just couplers :)
1   front lower cowling with headlights from this 4459 set
4   larger train glass and frames BLK
1   smaller train glass and frame BLK (there is extra small glass)

But that's not all... If you buy the above you also get whatever is left of
the pieces for FREE.  I have mentioned the most of the noteworthy items...
what is left is a "slurry" of assorted pieces that have little value to
_me_.

If you cupped your two hands together you could fill them with heaping plies
3 to 4 times.  Ya, I know not very exact, so _don't_ count on getting
anything and be surprised when you get what you get.

I basically took out the large plates, a lot of the three finger rod with a
stud on the end (you train guys seem to use these as car supports when the
wheels come off?), some minifig stuff and 1x2 grill tiles.  I am keeping the
regulator (the only reason I got the set).  I didn't take any of the
corrugated bricks, or slopes.  Keep in mind that there were pieces missing
before I got it.  Like I said... count on getting nothing good and you will
be pleasantly surprised.  If you have a specific parts you were wondering if
it is still in the slurry, reply to this post and I will post a yes or no to
the list.

I am asking 95$US, and when I get no offers I will take off five bucks
incrementally until it sells.  Technic is as good as cash  :)

(shipping in NA included.  You pay cost minus 5$US anywhere else)

LINC