 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 6840
6839  |  6841
Subject:
Target clearance!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Tue, 4 Jul 2000 02:50:27 GMT

I was at the Target on Biscayne (there are two Targets on Biscyane actually.
This is the more southern one that stands alone, not the one paired up with
Best Buy) in Miami today and found some various clearance items with no
apparent trend (some 2000 sets some 1999, some Adventurers, but not all, some
City Center, but no all, etc.). Among the sets discounted 30%-50% include
Adventurers 5976 and 5986, City Centre 6429, 6478, and 6600, Spaceport 6455,
Rock Raiders HQ, TECHNIC Sonic Cycle (the yellow one), Air Enforcer (blue
copter), and that green launching bike. They also had some of the new ACTION
sets, as well as dino ADVENTURERS and RACE. I purchased a 6455 for 16.90 (reg:
$29.99) and looked at a 6600. At $55.90, I still thought it was over priced,
but I carried it with me anyways. I passed one of those little electronic scan
machines (I don't know why, but for some reason, I love those) and thought I
would scan (right next to the scan machine there seemed to be a huge pile of
various toys and items for the homeware department nextdoor. It was a bundle
of what I would guess were "rejected" items because they cost two much. A 3033
1200 piece bucket was in the pile) the 6600. You could imagine my surprise
when the price read $39.90! Now that's what the retail price should be.
Needless to say, by LEGO collection as grown by two sets and 550 pieces, and
my AmEx bill will be $56.80 more. Also, on the 2000.5 report, KB Toys Sawgrass
has all Dino Adventurers and RACE sets, and new SW realses (not UCS). KB Toys
Aventura has only the smaller sets. Toy Works Sawgrass has MICKEY MOUSE and
MICKEY MOUSE BABY, as well as Adventurers Dino, RACE, and ACTION. FAO Schwartz
North Miami has all new Adventurers DINO, ACTION, RACE, and Star Wars (not
UCS). FAO Schwartz South Miami has everything, from MICKEY MOUSE to UCS. FAO
Schwartz Central Miami has only the new Star Wars sets. Service Merchandise
Sawgrass is still clearing out LEGOs at 40%. They had 6031 Fright Force, 626
green base (bought some), 6027 Fright Knights catapult, and 6699 UFO w/ mask.