 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 6326
Re: smoke-free auction vendors?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Mon, 5 Jun 2000 05:06:16 GMT

I don't look for it, but when it is listed, it makes me more likely to bid - I HATE
having to immediately dunk all of a lot in cleaner for a day and dry it for days
when it comes in badly smoked.  When lightly smoky, I just build the set and put it
up on a shelf for a few days to air out.

I highly prefer NON-smoking sellers.

I suppose I should add that to my future auction listings too.

Christopher Weeks wrote:

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Benjamin Whytcross writes:
If anyone puts together a list, it would help me, as my NLSO suffers from
chronic asthma [she's currently in hospital] and things like smoke can
easily set her asthma off. This is one of the reasons I prefer to buy lego
from auctions on lugnet..You know in advance the condition of items with
respect to damage, etc which you can't find out as easily on ebay.

I wonder if putting a smoke-free disclaimer on my sale ads and auction listings
would be worth while?  Does anyone spend effort looking for such information
when shopping?

Chris

--
Tom Stangl