 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 6086
Re: 6990 Trans Galaxy Express on sale
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Mon, 15 May 2000 18:28:22 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Laurent Gerard writes:
I have phoned a store looking for TRAIN sets 12V or 9 V, They did not have any
rare stuff excpet this 6990 which seems to be a MONORAIL serie which I'm not
collecting.

The lady on the phone told me it is from 1988 and has 9V motor + light + rail
... I did not see it from my eyes, so cannot describe more, but for sure it is
reference 6990.

The price seems very high for me 7.000 BEF or about 160 $

That's a steal. MIB examples of this set go for 250+ USD or so it seems.

Go buy it, you'll either fall in love with it yourself and get the
(expensive) monorail bug, or you'll get your money back with no trouble either
by making someone VERY happy at a small markup or by making a pile by
auctioning it off, whichever you prefer.

I guarantee I will pay 170 USD plus shipping if no one else wants it, but
someone will, which is fine by me as I have several already. (NOT trying to
start an auction, just assuring Laurent there's a market for it, if you want
it mail Laurent directly...)

Larry's rule of thumb: Always buy rare stuff. Someone will almost always want
it, and you'll almost never lose out. Maybe once in a while but it's rare.

++Lar