 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 601
600  |  602
Subject:
1960's 4.5v motor and wheels set
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Sun, 10 Jan 1999 04:03:11 GMT

Hi friends,

Having just got back into Lego this Xmas, there's one set of my
childhood stuff I probably don't want to keep, so I'm asking if there's
any interest in it. Not completely sure at this point if I do want to
sell it - it partly depends on how much more Lego I could buy with what
it's likely to sell for :)

It's British set number 100 from the late 1960s or perhaps early 70's,
a 4.5v battery motor, baseplate which fits over the motor, 4 large
diameter road wheels w. tires, 4 small diameter road wheels w. tires,
and 4 train wheels with thin tires. I also have the battery box (set
101) in a separate package. Everything is in good and working condition.
The only part missing is a tire off one of the train wheels. There are
no connector wires either - I just used a couple of stray lengths to
hook things up and test it. I'm not sure if the set originally had the
wires or if they were a separate item, as the battery box is.

The packaging for the motor and wheels is incomplete and in poor
condition: just the inner box, not the lid, and the plastic insert for
the box (cracked in places) with the elements set in it. No
instructions. The inner box does have a picture on each end with a
diagram of the insides of the motor, and the set number. It's possible
that there never was a cardboard covering lid, maybe it had a clear
plastic cover of some kind. The box is well worn with one corner unglued
but not torn - there's a puncture/tear in the bottom of the box.

The battery box package is better, has both inner and outer box but no
plastic insert. SOme dents, one small tear.

Anyone interested in this?

Kevin Wilson
Vancouver, B.C.