 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 5327
Sets FS or T: Pirate, Town, Castle, Train
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Tue, 21 Mar 2000 19:39:10 GMT

Hi.  I have several sets I'll be selling or trading soon.  I'm currently
working on completing them, and I think I have trades worked out for all
parts except for some of the string on the 6285.  These are still in a
state of flux in some sense, but I wanted to do an initial post this week
as I'm vacation and have more time to make deals!  I'll also list
approximate prices I'm looking for, but feel free to negotiate.  The 6273
and 6285 prices in particular will tend to the lower end of my scale if I
don't have to clean them up and/or replace common parts in bad shape
(both of which I'm ready and willing to do if it will significanly raise
prices).

What I have:
Pirates
6273 Rock Island Refuge (1991), complete, original instructions (beat up
but complete and entirely functional), good condition (some plates chewed
but I can replace them), shooting cannon, pretty dirty as-is, $38-45
6285 Black Seas Barracuda (1989), complete except for some string (125 and
50cm thicker strings will likely be missing or non-Lego--anybody wanna
trade?), good condition (some common parts could use replacing, which I
can do), original instructions (front page has a rip and is a little
wrinkled, but generally in good condition), shooting cannons,
many parts need a bath but I can clean it up if necessary, $160-$180

Castle
6059 Knight's Stronghold (1990), complete, original instructions (pretty
good condition), very good condition, $45-$50

Train
7850 4.5V straight rails, possibly one set available, $10
7851 4.5V curved rails, at least two sets available, varying
condition, $7-10
7852 4.5V points, good condition, at this point includes only the two
points and 6 sleepers (missing 2 2x6 and 2 2x8 dark gray plates and 2
black 1x1 cylinder bricks; I may be able to replace some or all of these),
$8-10
7864 12V trafo, standard European (German) plug, parts for regulator and
track connection wire are all optional (not included when I got it, but I
think I can replace everything if desired), no documentation.  (note to
interested American parties:  7864 was never sold in the US, so if you
want to run a 12V set up here, you'll need to get a 110-to-220V stepup
transformer to go with a 7864--the German plug on this one is easiest to
deal with) $40

Town
6356 MedStar Rescue Plane (1988), complete in OK condition, original
instructions (a little faded but good shape), haven't thought much about a
price.
6450 Light 'n Sound Police Truck (1985), complete in very nice condition,
stickers applied in excellent shape, original instructions, $16 or so
6480 Light 'n Sound Hook and Ladder Truck (1987), complete in very nice
condition, stickers applied in excellent shape, original instructions, $18
or so
6501 Sport Convertible, complete, good condition, original instructions
(pretty ripped up--but if you ask soon I may be able to trade for a set in
better condition!), $5?

Trades I'm looking for:  Most gray-era 12V train sets, 4.5V/12V cars and
stations, etc. (I'm not looking for much in the way of accessories and
track, but may be willing to consider offers of points, etc.)
--also a few town sets (e.g., I wouldn't mind trading 6480 +?? or 6450 +??
for a 6481)

Alan

Alan Demlow |demlow@lightlink.com |www.lightlink.com/demlow/sale/trade.txt