 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 506
WTB: Amazon Priest-Guy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Tue, 29 Dec 1998 23:39:10 GMT

To my vast surprise, my relatives got clued in somehow this holiday season, and
among my gifts were many LEGOs!  Unfortunately, they were all older small sets
except for one.  I got the Spider's Secret!

Well, looking at the rest of the new Adventurers sets I got fairly
disappointed.  The *big* set is full of pieces I already have or useless small
pieces in the wrong color for the big Inca pyramid I always wanted to build.
The smaller big set has a boat and not enough of a build up for me.  They look
like they might have a lot of play value, but much of it seems to be a retread
of the first wave of Adventurers.

In fact, there are only two pieces I want from the new adventurer sets: The
Priest-Guy with the nifty headdress and cape, and the 1X8 decorated piece.  The
decorated slope piece is nifty too, but I don't think it will fit in my design.

Anyway, if anyone is parting out a set or two, and has a couple of extra pieces
that you could send my way for a decent price or trade, I'd much appreciate it.

And, heck, if anyone has an extra mummy or two they'd be willing to part with,
it would greatly enhance the museum I'm building.

Thanks!

-Laura Gjovaag
tegan@eskimo.com