 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 4949
Re: Thinking of selling my entire 9V collection
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Wed, 1 Mar 2000 18:58:28 GMT

In lunget.trains, Scott Arthur wrote:
After _TWICE_ _agreeing_ terms (price, shipping & insurance) with ME last
week.

I got this form him yesterday morning:

"Scott, my mum has told not to sell the trains, and they are packed away
ready for the move."

Now I'm told, by ME, 2 of the sets I was going to buy are not in his
collection (Sold to a higher "bidder" perhaps?). The 3rd set I wanted has
risen in price by  >60%, as somebody else as offered more than the price he
_agreed_ to sell it to me for last week.

Has anyone had any joy out of this "Sale"?

I haven't interacted with M.E. on this sale, but it would sure upset me if
M.E.  did to me what M.E. did to you!  :-(

In lugnet.trains, Michael Edwards writes:
To Scott

This was not a sale!!!

I stated it in your email and I will state it again, look at
http://www.lugnet.com/trains/?n=4410
I stated in the very first line that I might not sell the trains

If it was a sale, it would be in the wrong group, all I was doing is a bit
of research!
What harm is that? when I posted the message somebody offered me $2000 for
them, and I refused as I don't want to sell, because I would be break the
T/C of this group. But I didn't, if I did Todd would have told me.

Look you may have a bad time with me but I had over 60 successful trades in
the past 1 1/5 years and every person who I dealt with said that I was good
on my sales, you must understand that I have gone though alot of bad time in
the past few months, and all I need is more grief at this

In the end I think you got your hopes a bit to high to get a 4544 and 4559

Michael, I'm guessing from the "mum" statement that you're probably not old
enough to make legally binding agreements, so there's probably not a lot that
Scott can do to hold you to your agreement with him.  But if you are old
enough, and if the above is all true, then it's quite possible that you've
just royally screwed someone over, and it might be wise to rethink your
position.  (Just my two pence.)

--Todd

[XFUT -> lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade -- this is getting way off-topic for
lugnet.trains!]