 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 4867
FS: Lots of CHEAP New SW Sets From My FOTY!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Sat, 26 Feb 2000 04:46:45 GMT

Hi everyone-

What a day!  What a week!  It was like one of those “Lego Aisle Dreams”
people have been talking about in .general, except it was **real**!!!
This is easily my Find Of The Year, which says a lot considering that I
had two major clearance hauls already this year, once at Target and once
at Wal-Mart.  Fortunately I can share my good fortune and get
effectively free sets out of the deal this time.  Read on…

Here’s what happened:  Last weekend, I went to my favourite Wal-Mart to
see if some Cyber Slam, Stingrays, and Advent Calendar sets had gone
down in clearance value again.  Sure enough, they had—I cleaned out what
little they had left (7 copies of Cyber Strikers, an Advent Calendar,
and a Sea Scorpion) and cursed myself for getting there too late to make
good on the full load of goodies; there’d originally been *four times*
those numbers there.  However, I did leave behind a Sea Scorpion,
because it was at $16 and I really didn’t consider that “newsworthy.”

Friday (today) rolled around, and I reconsidered.  The Sea Scorpion
isn’t that bad a set, I reasoned, and I can always part it out (hah!
Who has the time anymore?)…perhaps I’m a shopaholic.  So I got to the
Wal-Mart, went for the clearance toy aisle, and found that there were no
Sea Scorpions there.  However, what I *did* see almost made me wet
myself.

Star Wars Lego sets—lots of them.  On clearance.  Including a ton of
year 2000 sets.

Since I’ve gotten to know the staff pretty well, they tend to cut me
deals if I clean out the clearance aisle’s Lego.  Sure enough, I got a
hold of the manager in charge of section pricing (although I had to wait
four hours, guarding my booty), and she gave me a *very* sweet deal to
take it all away, nearly $3600 worth of brand new SW Lego sets.  It took
eight and a half of those big Rubbermaid Roughneck storage bins to haul
it all away.

Now, I can’t possibly keep, use, and sort all of these, and in fact I
only want a little bit of the full lot.  But there was no way in Hades
heck that I was going to leave the other sets there, when I could buy
‘em all, offer them here, and make enough to cover my costs including
the 20% I want to keep for myself.  (Yes, I know I could probably make
thousands upon thousands of dollars parting out these for auction, but I
don’t have time for that either.  If you do, more power to you—make me
an offer!)

So that’s the crux of it:  I have an absolute ton—well, more like an
eighth to a sixth of a ton--of Star Wars Lego to offer to people here;
it’ll be done on a general basis of first come, first served, but I will
reserve the right both to limit quantities and to discriminate in favour
of buyers whom I owe favours or those who offer above the asking price.
(I know, that makes it sort of a “best offer”/ sealed-bid scenario, but
after all, it’s my checking account that served as the proxy, so they’re
my rules.)  I won’t make final offers to interested buyers until
probably Sunday.  I accept US funds only, and buyers will have to pay
actual shipping charges plus whatever I have to pay for extra boxes to
ship things in (if necessary). I’m also asking an extra 5% if you want
these compressed, because that takes time both to pack them up and also
to dispose of the leavings.  Oh, I can accept payments via X as well.
(PayPal is still pending.)

As for trades, I’m in need of very few things at the moment; Imperial
Guards and Classic Space are really my major wants categories right now
along with macaroni bricks and white, black, and grey 4x2x4
half-cylinders (they’re found in grey as the engines on the Y-Wing), but
feel free to ask.

So email me with your want list!  My inventory, (number available), and
asking prices follow.  If you need regular retail value, just email me
and ask—same deal if you need references (eBay ID-lfbraun).

Sets Available:

7101 Lightsaber Duel   (8 available) $3.00 each
7161 Gungan Sub   (2 available) $24.00 each
7124 Flash Speeder  (28 available) $5.50 each
7121 Naboo Swamp  (10 available) $5.50 each
8001 Battle Droid  (3 available) $16.00 each
8000 Pit Droid  (15 available) $10.50 each
7104 Desert Skiff  (10 available) $3.50 each
7134 A-Wing Fighter (16 available) $8.00 each
7131 Anakin’s Podracer (11 available) $7.00 each
7115 Gungan Patrol (12 available) $5.50 each

And yes, they did have 7180, 7150, 8002, and 7130; however, none were
clearance priced.  Also, if you’re interested in parts from Cyber
Strikers, let me know—I’m parting those out in the upcoming weeks and
many pieces will be available.

Best wishes and happy dreams (I know *I’ll* be having some),

Lindsay

PS:  Sorry for the length—hope it was worth it!