 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 486
485  |  487
Subject:
Lego Find!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Sun, 27 Dec 1998 08:37:39 GMT

I just got my hands on a box of old Lego, looks like mostly late 70's, early
80's stuff.  (Gotta love relatives with grown-up kids)

There was a bunch of stuff I'm planning to use, and a few things that I'm just
not interested in, but thought that someone on here might.

There appears to have been a 497 Galaxy Explorer in here, probably even enough
to rebuild it, if I sub in some of my basic stuff for missing bricks - looks
like all of the decorated elements survived in fairly decent shape, most of
them look barely worn.  The minifigs, on the other hand, are in rough shape.  I
can put together 4 minifigs from the stuff that was in here, but helmets, logos
and joints are not good.

There's other smatterings of space stuff, but not enough to say what sets are
(were) here.  Maybe a 6930 Supply Station - it has a pair of yellow spacefigs
and a bunch of that style of radar dish.  No baseplates, though.

It has a pair of clear doors from 588 Police Station, but no other evidence
except a 1x2 white brick with a phone decoration, and some badly worn 1x4 white
bricks with 'headlights' decoration.

Other stuff it has is even older, but in progressively worse condition.
It has 4 of the older-style minifigs that are two molded black pieces, a blank
head, and a white hat.
It has several 1x2 bricks without center peg (condition ranges from ok to
really bad)
A stack of white plates (1 6x8, several 4x8 w/ some broken) that have rounded
edges and grid pattern beneath them, rather than the circles that TLG uses now.
4 white plates as above (4x8) except that one end is rounded off (stud pattern
as below)
*
* *
* * *
* * *

Also (in _really_ bad shape) are some gray baseplates, 1 brick high and
originally 10x20, however, the largest surviving parts are 10x10.  One of them
has "700e   d" printed on the back.

If anyone is interested in any of this stuff, give me a shout.  Thanks!