 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 4832
4831  |  4833
Subject:
WTB/WTT: Unidentified Staircase
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Wed, 23 Feb 2000 06:06:04 GMT

Hi everyone.

Only LEGO provides me with the unmitigated joy and frustration of
discovering new elements--even after I've been "into" it again for the
last five years.  This time, it's the staircase family that's
represented in the Twisted Time Train, many Paradisa and some Belville
sets, and a few older Pirates sets.  The part is visible in this image
from Kevin Loch's Brickshelf site, as a dkgrey set of stairs leading up
at the edge of an island in set 6270:

http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/6000/6270/6270-10.html

I haven't been able to locate a number in the parts reference or in
ldraw; however, I'm interested in this particular straight set in
whatever colours it exists.  The reason?  It makes a darn fine staircase
for turn-of-the-century warships' conning towers.  I have two on the
way, but upon discovering their existence (thanks Matt!) I really want
another two or so.

Oh, by the way, I'd love to get a few of the spiral variety, too. (What
colours did that exist in, and does it exist only in the
bend-to-the-upper-right style, or is there a mirror image piece?)  Just
let me know you're interested and I'll make an offer in money or parts,
your call...

best wishes

Lindsay