 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 4504
4503  |  4505
Subject:
RCX Compatable Pneumatic Solenoid Valves for SALE!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Sat, 5 Feb 2000 03:21:32 GMT

LEGO Compatible Pneumatic Solenoid Valve

See picture at:
http://www.jps.net/henrik/danweb/solenoid1.jpg

Solenoid Valve Specifications:
3-way valve (in, cylinder, and exhaust)
7 watt 6-12volt DC (power output from RCX Brick or motor power pack will
actuate)
20-25 pumps max pressure  (rating based on large hand pump with blue air tank)
1/16 Nylon barbed hose fittings (perfect for Lego pneumatic hose)
20 inch Genuine Lego electrical cord for attachment to your Lego system
2X4 Lego bottom attachment

Dimensions:
6 bricks and 2 plates high (less than 2.5 inches)
2 inches wide (at fittings)
1 inch diameter
5 oz.

The whole technical story
Made from a combination of solenoid valves reclaimed from old equipment, and
old and new Lego parts, these Pneumatic Solenoid Valves are hand made and hand
tested. Because the solenoid valves are reclaimed from old equipment, some of
them are in better cosmetic shape than others, but all of them have been
cleaned, inspected and are hand tested to ensure that they hold pressure and
actuate consistently.

Lego compatibility
Although Lego pieces are used in the construction of this pneumatic solenoid
valve, and it was built with Lego requirements in mind, I cannot claim that
this is a Lego part, or that they sponsor, endorse or approve of this item. In
addition, I claim no responsibility for loss or damage to your Lego
collection. By using this item you agree that you take responsibility for the
risks and benefits that might result.

Limited numbers
At the time of this writing I have scoured the earth for more of these
solenoid valves to continue production. Unfortunately I have failed to locate
a significant supply. When all the valves are gone, that’s it, that’s the end,
you’ll either have to find me more valves so that I can continue, or wait for
Lego to release their own version. So order every single one you think you
might possibly need now, and hope there are enough...

Additional description
Functionally all of the Pneumatic Solenoid Valves perform to the same
specifications, but like was mentioned earlier, vary in their cosmetic
appearance. Nicks, scrapes, and discoloration are fairly common, but all are
in presentable shape. Some bear a yellow sticker that says "Cleaned for oil
free and Oxygen Service" others have had this sticker removed. All have the
black electrical housing and have the brass valve housing. The bricks that the
Pneumatic Solenoid Valve is attached to come in two color schemes, yellow
brick with a black plate, and black brick with black plate. Unless you are
specifically requesting one color scheme over the other, you will be shipped
whichever comes up, but I will make every effort to match valves if you order
more than one. The in port is marked with "IN" and the out to cylinder port is
marked with "CYL" the exhaust port has been incorporated into the Lego brick
housing and is not accessible or useful. The holes in the top of the base
brick vent the exhaust. The black plate has been glued to the base brick to
protect the exhaust port and to make the unit one piece. In order to operate a
dual action pneumatic cylinder like those found in most newer Lego sets, you
will need two solenoid valves. One to power the extension stroke and one to
power the retraction stroke. If you only wish to provide power in one
direction you will only need one solenoid valve, and can use a rubber band or
other device to return the cylinder.  Remember that a single solenoid can
power multiple cylinders, all acting at the same time.

Orders and Pricing
$35.00 USD each

To order send an e-mail to dpdelcollo@yahoo.com or click on the link below.
Include in your e-mail message the number of Pneumatic Solenoid Valves you
wish to order and your shipping address. I will reply via e-mail to let you
know if the number you requested are available and how much shipping will be.
Money Orders preferred, checks accepted but must clear before shipping.
International Shipping is available.

dpdelcollo@ucdavis.edu