 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 4438
Re: Anyone interested in a 1789?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 2000 05:50:07 GMT

Let's review, class...

Adam Hoekwater wrote:

I was in one of my favorite stores yesterday, when I noticed something a
little strange in the Lego section; a 1789 Unitron Star Hawk II sitting right
in front of me on the shelf. This set is from 1995, IIRC, and the seal seems
to have come loose with age. Then I noticed something even more strange;
another 1789 sitting next to it, this one STILL SEALED.

Both were still priced at their original $29.99, but that's not bad for a set
this old. If you've been looking for this set, feel free to email me at
ahoekwat@nd.edu and I'll be happy to buy them and send them to you for $31.49
+ shipping + a few bucks.

What is the likelyhood that, despite the fact that these sets were
languishing for 5 years, that when Adam goes back to the store day after
tomorrow, armed with the solid promises to buy of 7 eager LUGNUTS, that
these sets will still be there?

Anyone? Buehler?

<cough, cough, mumble>

yes, Ferris, you are correct. Close to zero unless Adam is very lucky.

Remember, people. If you see an old set and you are local to the store
and they take returns BUY IT. Do NOT wait to see if people want it.
Someone almost always does. In the rare case that no one does, take it
back.

--
Larry Pieniazek - larryp@novera.com - http://my.voyager.net/lar

Note: this is a family forum!