 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 4373
Re: WTB: Red 1x2x1 windows
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Fri, 28 Jan 2000 15:30:23 GMT

Nick, you might want to keep an eye out in EBAY for these classic windows.

The 1x2x1 was produced from 1957 until the mid 1970's.  They were very popular
then (as they still are today).  Nick, you might also want to go to
lugnet.dearlego and leave a post for the new LEGO DIRECT bulk order group now
forming.  I have left several posts already that it would be nice if TLC
reissued some of their classic window styles, especially the 1x1x1, 1x1x2,
1x2x1, 1x3x2 and 1x4x2.  Back in the 1960's there were 9 different window
styles, whereas today we have maybe 3 or 4.

By the way, the 1x2x1 you need was originally produced in red and white.  And in
the 70's thru early 80's, some train sets had these in yellow and black.

Gary Istok

Nick Goetz wrote:

Is it possible to find 1x2x1 red windows or am I asking the impossible? What
is the most readily available set that contained them? Maybe there are pages
that specialize in selling the expensive stuff? I would really like to find
a few (as I am sure other people would too). Thanks.

-Nick