 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 3943
Re: Proud New RIS owner... tires wanted
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Fri, 31 Dec 1999 16:59:49 GMT

Those tall motorcycle-type tires/wheels are 81.6X15's.  Dave is looking for
the large wide tire/wheel combos, smaller than the MC types.  I thought I
saw somewhere in the list that Todd had initiated a part->set lookup
feature, but now I don't see the reference.  Did I actually see that, or
just dream it?

I know that the 8286 3-in-1 Car now on 1/2 price at S@H for $44.00 has 4 of
these wheels (and lots of other desirable parts) and the Indy Storm on sale
for $22 a few weeks ago has 4 on almost chrome wheels, but that's not the
cost you are looking for.  Some sites like http://www.nugator.com
sell parts, or you can try ebay, but I haven't seen just what you are
looking for at either right now.  Good hunting!

Rick

Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net> wrote in message
David C. Pyatt wrote:

This is my first post here at Lugnet, so please don't flame me if I am • posting
into the wrong group...

Welcome to Lugnet! If you don't get any nibbles here, the best group for
wanted postings is lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, which is technically
where your post belongs but I wouldn't sweat it, just the once,
especially on a first post!

My son (and I) got an RIS1.5 as well as two small Technics sets to add • fuel to
our LEGO fire... but to my disappointment the RIS only came with 2 of • the
49.6x28VR white-hubbed wheels.  I have a vehicle project in mind that • these
are about the right scale for, but need a total of four, without • spending the
cost of a new set of rubber for my work car!

If anyone has spares from another kit that they are willing to part with • at a
reasonable cost or an alternate source/part number please let me know!

Happy New Millenuim, Lugnet!  May your all your LEGOs be Y2K Ready!

Dave Pyatt
dcpyatt@netzero.net

There was a red motorycycle kit (shock cycle? Circuit racer? It was a
crotch rocket sort of bike... <rummages> Ah, here it is: "Circuit Shock
Racer" http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=8422 ) that came with 2
of these wheel/tire combinations. I think it's pretty hard to find at
this point, but if someone parted out a bunch, you may be in luck. I
agree that having 4 of the big wheels is a good thing. I have a  few of
these sets MIB that I am hoarding, but trust me, you don't want to buy
from me, you'll pay a fortune...

(I don't have technic tire sizes memorised so I may be thinking of
different wheels, the ones I mean are about 4 inch diameter, have 6
spokes and rather small tires, as the wheels are thin in relation to
their diameter. )

Are those the wheels you mean? If not, you may want to rummage around in
the pause db to find a set that has them to aid those of us that don't
know tire sizes well...

FUT market.buy-sell-trade