 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 3725
Re: 1x3 red arch?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 23:58:34 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Gary R. Istok writes:
Yes it does exist, I have about 12 of them.  Some of the earlier castle
sets I believe, Knights or Kings Castle?  Not really sure.

Thanks, Gary.

I was trying to build Guarded Inn without having the red castle walls needed
to do it -- although I do have a pair of red corners without the tudor design
on them.  But if one wants to replace castle walls I quickly realized that
you'd better have 1x3 arches to do the window section of the offending single
piece flat castle wall.

As it is I have the thing built, my poorman's Guarded Inn, with a slightly
offset 1x4 red arch replacing the piece I inquired about.  I even covered the
studs inside the arch with a 1x2 red tile.  I don't know...there are some
things about Guarded Inn I don't like.  In the original design, as one looks
at the front of it, low sloped black roof pieces are used over the red castle
corners, but the slopes do not continue fully to the back of the building nor
to its front -- I changed that, even on the hinged facade. The thing that bugs
me that I haven't yet changed is the weird configuration of the black arches
on the inside of the Inn -- not sure what to do with that -- seems
structurally unsound and asymmetrical to be sure.  And anyway, what kind of
Inn is it were there are no sleeping accomodations, and space enough for only
one person to sit before the fire?  Hmmm...variant configurations dance in my
head...

-- Richard (Lego curmudgeon)