 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 2797
2796  |  2798
Subject:
Suggestion, question, and so forth...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Mon, 11 Oct 1999 18:48:02 GMT

Hi all,

This may not belong completely here, since it includes "general" issues,
but as it has a proposition for the general community to buy a ton o'
LEGO bricks I'll put it here.

There's a Wal-mart near our home that's been deep-discounting sets--$50
Insectoid sets (6969 or 6919) for $10/$12 and then $5 for final
clearance--and they've got about thirty of 5988 Pharaoh's Forbidden
Ruins for $33 apiece.  Now, given this store's precedent of slamming
these sets out at a pittance, I'm wondering who would be interested in
getting one or more sets if I could get them for, say, $20 each (plus
tax and shipping, which would be UPS, if you're not near NJ) at the
most.  If I have enough yes votes, I'll try to get the management to
sell the lot to me as cheaply as possible.  I don't know if they'll do
it since they just changed department managers, so this is an
exploratory thing.

The non-immediate question is more one of fair use of the LUGNET name.
Can we mention the strength of the community of AFOLs to whom these will
be going, if it might help us free the 5988s from their grasp (and given
that no profit is to be made)?  I guess this question is mostly for
Todd, as the primate (as in ultimate authority, not as in the mammalian
order, although we're all those too) of LUGNET?  I figured it might be
worth a muse, because we do represent a huge amount of buying power when
compared against a single store location.

Anyhow, that's all.  Let me know via email if you'd be interested, and
I'll gauge it and try to pry 'em free if I can get 20 or so spoken for.

   best,

   LFB

---

Lindsay Frederick Braun (Mr)