 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 2063
Re: Bulk Lego bricks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Tue, 27 Jul 1999 17:07:44 GMT

On Wed, 21 Jul 1999 01:23:19 GMT, Mike Poindexter uttered the following
profundities...
I have seen numerous auction listings for bulk bricks and was wondering if
there was a demand for bulk sales in (nearly) unlimited quantities.  I am
considering purchasing A LOT of tubs and parting them out.  I would keep the
less popular colors and sell the ones in demand.  Mainly, Black, Green and
White.

Would there be people interested in purchasing new bricks in black or white
for 2.5 cents per brick or green for 3.5 cents per brick?  These would be the
same distribution as the bulk tubs and could be "ordered" in either 1x AND 2x
or just in 1x thickness.  Also available would be 1x bricks in yellow, red and
blue if anybody wanted.

I am looking to do this to cut my cost per brick down and build Train Modules
similar to the GMLTC.  If I can get people who are interested in buying the
other colors off of me, I will be buying 1,000 Bulk tubs.  This will generate
the following pieces for anyone who wanted them (straight sales - no auctions):

120,000 Black
244,000 White
104,000 Green

I can ship UPS (cheapest for heavy weight) and would only charge actual
shipping costs.  Also, these pieces will be pre-sorted and bagged by size.

If interested, please email me at: lego@poindexter.cc

Also, any comments or suggestions would be welcome.

Mike

It seems you went ahead. How on earth did you manage to find
1000 tubs? Where on earth do you keep them!
Did you order them from TLG direct, or, say, Wal-Mart, etc.?
Great idea for everyone here. Though I wish I could afford
to buy, thanks anyway!
richard.dee@nospam.virgin.net remove nospam.(lugnet excepted)
Web Site:   http://freespace.virgin.net/richard.dee/lego.html
ICQ 13177071                  AOL Instant Messenger: RJD88888