 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 17685
17684  |  17686
Subject:
New Panzer IV kit from Dan Siskind under $100!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Fri, 3 Apr 2009 15:20:53 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Countless people have asked me to bring by my tank kits since I stopped selling them. Unfortunately the level of detail I included in most of my old models meant a $200-300 price tag and well beyond most peoples’ budgets. While contemplating my new generation of kits I have made a conscious decision to keep as historically accurate as possible, yet sacrifice some details in order to keep the price down. This brand new Panzer IV is not only be my first new custom tank model in almost six years but also the first to be priced under $100.

Panzer IV (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panzer_IV) was the workhorse of the German tank fleet in World War Two and this Ausf. G model is equipped with the deadly long-barrel 75mm high velocity gun. The tan color perfectly reflects later war standard production and would be typical of the fearsome Ausf. G models that smashed the American line at Kasserine Pass.

My kit contains 670 pieces and features revolving turret, poseable main gun, stowaway antenna, three opening hatches, and a tank commander minifig. The hull-mounted machine gun is a special MG42 prototype provided by http://www.brickarms.com (yes, I know the real thing has an MG34 but no such gun is currently available). While I am not including decals to keep costs down, Archer Fine Transfers (http://www.archertransfers.com/) offers an entire host of 1:35 dry transfers to for an additional level of detail.

I plan to create a supplementary set of instructions for a more advanced version of this model as part of my Instructions Club. The advanced instructions will include interior details, engine compartment, working suspension, and other details left out of the kit version. If there is enough demand I may even create a parts pack to help with the conversion process.

For more pictures and ordering information is at http://www.brickmania.com

NOTE: I have ordered all the parts necessary for the first 20 models and will be shipping as soon as all the parts arrive. My last kit sold 19 of 20 copies before the first kit was shipped and this one will probably sell out even faster. Don’t delay ordering if you want to get one of the first batch!

As is customary, kit #1 of Batch #1 is being auctioned on eBay this week: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180343101680

Thanks for your continued support!

Dan