 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 17602
17601  |  17603
Subject:
Special LEGO CD Offer for New/Old LEGO Ambassadors!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Wed, 4 Jun 2008 21:07:28 GMT

Congratulations to the new LEGO Ambassadors!!

My Unofficial LEGO Sets/Parts Collectors Guide (1949-83) on CD is coming out in
a Version 2 CD with 6 new chapters:

1) LEGO Model Workshops/Trade Fairs
2) LEGO Catalogs 1950-65.
3) LEGO Pictorial Parts Catalog (1949-67).
4) LEGO Boxes & Images - Designs & Artwork (1949-80).
5) Exclusive LEGO Elements by Country (1949-85).
6) LEGO Sales Offices by Country/Year (1944-Present).
______________

The LEGO Model Shop/Trade Fair chapter shows many old historic pictures, such as
the first USA/Canadat Samsonite LEGO model shop in Detroit USA (opened in 1961),
the legendary LEGO display at the early 1960's Nuremburg Toy Fair (worlds
largest), and many other old pictures.
______________

The LEGO Catalog chapter show LEGO catalogs going all the way back to the first
one of 1950.  EVERY year is included from 1950-65 (those pre-1955 are seen for
the first time ever!!).  Some catalogs aren't even in the Billund Archives!
______________

The LEGO Pictorial Parts chapter shows all LEGO parts in picture form.  One
picture shows all 1949-53 LEGO parts, another all the parts of 1954, 1955-57,
1958-60, 1961-65, 1966-67, etc.  It is nice to see ALL the parts produced in a
particular year in 1 or 2 images.
______________

The LEGO Boxes & Images chapter shows all the box top artwork of 1949-60, all
photographs of Ole Kirk Christiansen's grandkids on all the early LEGO box tops
(including KKK).  Also pictured is the only box top that has KKK's father on it.
______________

The Exclusive LEGO elements by country chapter shows all the old LEGO elements
that were only produced in a limited number of countries.... I can see people
who read this chapter run over to Peeron and Bricklink and snatch up all the
scarcer country specific parts!  :-D
______________

The LEGO Sales Offices chapter, was produced mainly by Jim Hughes of  Ohio.
This chapter gives a chronoligical history (by country) of when LEGO sales were
established (or in some cases such as the USA, re-established.  This Chapter is
a "MUST READ" for LEGO Ambassadors!!
______________

Other new features of the LEGO CD are a 400 page Insurance Price Guide with
prices in either EUROs or Dollars (your choice!).

The Version 2 CD has over 1,400 pages, 1,800 pictures and over 249,000 words.

TO give you an idea of how comprehensive my LEGO CD is, it was used by the folks
consulting on the new TLG produced 800 page LEGO Book.

The LEGO CD can be printed (by Chapter).  Here's an image to show just how much
historic and informational data is in the CD... a picture of a printed CD copy
shown next to my unabridged Websters English Dictionary:

http://www.bricklink.com/message.asp?ID=282398

Another recent inclusion in the Version 2 LEGO CD are these 20 LEGO elements
never put into production:

http://www.bricklink.com/message.asp?ID=281993

The LEGO CD will discuss and show dozens of rare sets that most AFOLs (and most
LEGO employees) never knew existed.

The NEW Version 2 LEGO CD will be available at $26.95, or approximately GPB 14.,
or EURO 18,-. This is the same price as Version 1 (except due to the weakened
USA Dollar, it'll be much cheaper for non-USA AFOLs).  For collectors who have
my version 1 LEGO CD, please contact me for a big Version 2 discount.

For one week only (until next Wednesday June 11) I'm offering a special deal for
new and current LEGO Ambassadors... the LEGO CD at 25% off the retail price...
that would be $20 for USA/Canada, approximately GBP 10.5 , or EURO 13,50.

This is an opportunity for new (and old) LEGO Ambassadors to learn about many
old things that even LEGO employees don't know about the history of their
company and LEGO sets and parts.  ;-)

For LEGO Ambassadors interested in "getting a heads up" on the history of LEGO,
please contact me at:  istokg@earthlink.net

Don't worry about my Spam Blocker, I will contact you.

For Folks who purchased my Version 1 LEGO CD, and want a copy of the new Version
2 (where nearly every Version 1 chapter has additional information)... check
here:

Prices in Dollars...
http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=istokg&itemID=10286301

Prices in EURO...
http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=istokg&itemID=10286290

For other first time buyers of the LEGO CD, you can order it here (specify
Dollars or Euros):

http://www.geminisystems.net/lego/

Note:  If you want the CD, but would like to get more information on the new
chapters, as well as other info (such as price discount), contact me:
istokg@earthlink.net

Of all the LEGO CD's I've ever sold, NO ONE has ever been unhappy with it!

Also, it is both PC and MAC compatible!!!!   And a printed copy can be produced (by chapter) in any page print format... USA or European.

Cheers!

Gary Istok