 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 17557
Re: Unofficial LEGO Sets/Parts Collectors Guide 1949-80 now available in Version 2!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Tue, 25 Mar 2008 04:50:25 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Gerhard R. Istok wrote:
I have updated my LEGO CD and created a VERSION 2.  It contains several new
chapters... LEGO Model Shops & Toy Fairs, LEGO Catalogs (1952-64), and several
other chapters.

Due to the devaluation of the USA Dollar, I have also come out with a European
version of the LEGO CD with EURO prices in the Insurance Price Guide (with
10,179 prices).  The USA Dollar version has also been updated to show value
increases.

Also there are over 100 new pictures and over 100 additional pages in the the
new (old) CD.  About 2/3 of the Version 1 CD Chapters have changes with many new
additions!!
_________

Stats:  1,400 pages, 1,800 images, 249,000 words.
_________

The Version 2 of the LEGO CD has many new items pictured:

Prototypes of LEGO trees/bushes, axle bricks, street signs, etc.

Rare parts:  Norwegian red road signs, Swedish and Norwegian Esso vehicles,
Danish FALCK Tow Truck, newly discovered sets, etc.
_________

The best part of the NEW version 2 LEGO CD is the price...

For new buyers, the price has not changed...$26.95.

CD with EURO prices:
http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=istokg&itemID=7386921

CD with DOLLAR prices:
http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=istokg&itemID=10286212

For folks who already have the LEGO CD (I have a list of names/countries)... the
new version 2 will only cost you $8.95!

CD with EURO prices:
http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=istokg&itemID=10286290

CD with DOLLAR prices:
http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=istokg&itemID=10286301

Pictures of newly discovered parts and sets will be coming soon.

Shipping will start in 2 weeks.

Cheers,
Gary Istok

P.S.  For those folks who have printed a copy of their CD (an expensive
undertaking that requires at least 2 print cartridges and 3 reams of paper), I
am also working on a separate PDF file that you can print that will allow you to
add additional info to the end of each printed chapter, thus saving you from
reprinting the entire CD!! :-D

Here's a preview of just some ofthe items on my Brickshelf Gallery of history
LEGO sets, parts and photos that will be in the Version 2 of the Unofficial LEGO
Sets/Parts Collectors Guide on CD.  This includes sets and parts that were
previously unknown, to a few glimpses of the USA/Canada LEGO Model Shop in
Detroit during the Samsonite era of the 1960's and 1970's.

Enjoy!
Gary Istok