 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 17225
17224  |  17226
Subject:
METRO Liner #10001 at Tuesday Morning.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Mon, 21 Aug 2006 15:24:02 GMT

For those searching for the LEGO Metro Liners #10001 you are probably out of luck at this point in time.  A lot depends on the number of Tuesday Morning stores and number of LEGO fans in your area.  A message was posted here over two weeks ago.   As a result I was able to purchase five of the sets from stores in the Washington, DC area.  Two were for family members and the others were for resale. I left a number of Star Wars sets on the shelves because I just don’t have an interest in those sets.   As a rule I never buy sets that I am not willing to get stuck with if they don’t sell.

I found out in dealing with the stores that there is no real organization in the shipments received from the warehouse. Out of five stores in the DC area that I dealt with, three had no idea what was in their store. One in store in Rockville pulled two of the sets and held them for me to pick up on the Aug 6th.  The same store had another set on the shelf that they unaware it was even in the store.  Another store in Silver Springs, MD also told me they didn’t have any of the sets.  I found two at that location.   There is information on the bar codes of the set that indicates when the set was shipped and other information that allows the store to somewhat track the item.  I discovered that the shipments are delivered to the store in boxes that are packed at random in the warehouse. No one knows what is in a particular single box out of 100 boxes on the truck. Two other stores indicated that their staff had not unloaded the shipments yet, because of a big sale the previous week. I went on vacation and returned.  Before leaving town again on Saturday, I got a phone call from one of the stores that held another set for me.  This was the same store that another WAMALTC member had searched only days before and posted the inventory he found. Since I don’t need the set, I am passing it on to someone in WAMALTC.

Over the weekend I was in Youngstown, OH.  On Saturday I decided to call around
to see if any of the stores had any of the LEGO trains. The first store manager
I spoke with said that someone had been in the store that morning and he was
headed west hitting all of the stores in the area.  According to the manager,
the guy described himself as a collector and operates a toy store.    Sine I am
only looking for speed regulators and some of the flat cars, I figured it was
not worth the effort.

Bottom line is that if you are looking for the sets this late, the odds are not
in your favor.  You may still find some over looked sets in some of Tuesday
Morning stores, but most were sold weeks ago. The number delivered to each store
ranged from two to four per store. Judging by the number that ended up on E-bay,
the supply is probably exhausted or close to it.