 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 16778
Re: Dark purple, blue violet, sky blue, and dark green (Re: My collection of colours)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Thu, 24 Mar 2005 08:02:16 GMT

In lugnet.general, Henry Lim wrote:
Some new additions to my colour collection:

dark purple (#20)
blue violet (#22)
sky blue (#27)
dark green (#31)

http://www.henrylim.org/LEGOColours

-Henry

Now what you need Henry are the Cellulose Acetate colors (1958-63):  red (looks
red-orange), yellow (a Chiffon yellow), blue (a brighter blue).  The CA colors
for white, black and gray are so close to the ABS versions, they would be hard
to tell apart (except they are shinier).  Another CA color you might consider is
trans-clear.  CA trans-clear bricks (over the years) have developed a
"champagne" color to them (a sort of yellowing).  I would suggest that you find
near mint to mint examples of CA red, yellow, blue and trans-clear bricks that
are not warped.

Gary Istok