 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 16751
Re: Request for New Selling Group
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.brickshops
Date:
Mon, 7 Mar 2005 05:11:22 GMT

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Daniel Darby wrote:
Once upon a time before Bricklink existed the buy/sell group was for listing
actual items to buy or sell. Now it seems it is mostly filled with ads for
Bricklink shops. Can we get an actual selling group again or a new group for ads
of the shops?

Thanks,

Dan

I agree. I thought that BST was for direct person-to-person transactions. Lugnet
created a specific group for brickshops to remove the BL ads from the old
fashioned classified type ads. That kind of division is in effect for eBay
auctions.

Looking at the current postings though, the Brickshop division has not been as
actively enforced. Confusing things further is that the portal page for BST
still shows links to Brickshops:
http://news.lugnet.com/market/buy-sell-trade/

I think we need to expand the charter for BST to say:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade– Community trading post, items wanted, items for
straight sale (no auctions or brickshops), experiences, market analysis, etc.

and move the Brickshop links to this portal page:
http://news.lugnet.com/market/brickshops/

It would be nice to reclaim a dedicated place to do olde-fashioned trades.

Clark

XP'd to both groups for visibility. FUT back to admin.suggestions