 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 16620
Re: The Toy Blox - Lego Superstore!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 25 Nov 2004 21:51:02 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Chris Langstaff wrote:

Right now their Pick-A-Brick consists almost entirely of used pieces.  I've not
seen LEGO sold like this before in a retail setting.  It looks like they have
been collecting as many old, used pieces as they could find from whomever would
give it (or sell it?) to them and are simply re-selling it.  Not sure if they
will be setting up a "real" Pick-A-Brick with the big bins and new pieces...I
never spoke to the staff.

I've been told by rtlToronto'er Oliver Giesen that this is the way it works at
some used stores in Germany apparently.

Certainly a good store for selection, but the prices are certainly not any
better than Wal-Mart or Toys-R-Us.  I hope they bring in a "real" Pick-A-Brick.

I don't think they'll ever be able to match the Wal or TRU for pricing.
Hopefully they'll do okay by making it up on hard to find stuff.  The selection
is nothing short of incredible, but is that selection enough to draw regular
buyers to keep the store afloat?

Calum