 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 1652
possible FS: 1575 BASIC set with board game
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Thu, 17 Jun 1999 12:37:44 GMT

I just picked up basic set 1575 at an antique shop, and was wondering if it was
worth keeping it, or whether there was a collector out there interested in the
set. A list of the contents of the set should be on lugnet.db.inv list.

Basically, the set is a basic set from 1987, which has a board game included.
This is played on a special board, described in the set inventory.

The box isn't in the best of shape, but all the pictures are there. The main
detraction is the torn corners on the display section (although the cardboard
dividers are still in good condition), and the lack of the clear plastic cover
over the parts segments, as well as the plactic window on the game box being
creased. All parts are in their unopened, original bags. The instructions are
slightly creased, and are curved at one end, as the previous owned packed them
wrongly. No catalogue sheet will be included, as I previously didn't have a
1987 1 page catalogue (but now I do), although if required I can arrange to get
a scan of it.

Anyone interested in the set could they please make me an offer. If I find one
that I can't refuse/my girlfriend says to take, I will sell it. However, as
I've yet to see anyone else claiming to have this set, I have to assume it is
fairly rare (especially the game board and dice), and it would be nice to have
a set like this in the collection.

Other sets/cats/instructions I have for sale, along with a wants list, can be
seen at:

http://village.vu.edu.au/~whytcros/legoindx.htm

Benjamin Whytcross

b_whytcross@hotmail.com