 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 15926
15925  |  15927
Subject:
No-Touch Train Sensor (was: Legway EOPDs)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Tue, 9 Dec 2003 13:23:16 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Chris Phillips wrote:
   In lugnet.robotics, Rob Hendrix wrote:

   Ok, so I haven’t make a Legway using standard LEGO sensors, but I just got an e-mail from Hi-Technic, and they’re starting to produce sensors again!

YAAYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!

What about the train sensor?

For those interested in sensing trains, I have previously offered my reed switch train sensor which senses the magnetic couplers between train cars. This sensor can be programmed like an ordinary touch sensor, and can be used in a variety of robotic applications. Available with different internal resistance values to enable multiple sensors to be multiplexed on a single RCX sensor input.

If you would like more information, please contact me by e-mail at drvegetableATattbiDOTcom.

Thank you to everyone who has inquired about my magnetic No-Touch(TM) Train Sensor. Here’s a bit more information about this product:

The sensor is constructed to have an 18-inch hookup lead and a black housing. The housing is two plates high, but only sticks up one plate above the ties of a straight section of track. You can attach one layer of tile on top of the sensor, if you wish, without interfering with the sensor operation or contacting the underside of a passing train.

The No-Touch Train Sensor can be ordered in four versions which have different internal resistances to allow up to four of them to be multiplexed on a single RCX Sensor Input port. Please specify how many of each version: A, B, C, or D you would like when ordering. If you do not specify, you will receive version “A” which has the same internal resistance as a standard Touch Sensor.

The sensors are $14.95 each, but if you buy 7 you get the 8th one free. I also offer free shipping and handling on all orders within the United States. Please contact me for shipping charges on international orders.

A bit more information about how this sensor was developed can be seen by clicking on the following image:

No-Touch(TM) Train Sensor

One final note: I am not affiliated with HiTechnic. There has apparently been some confusion about this.

- Chris Phillips

Dr. Vegetable’s Workshop