 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 15316
Re: 10 UNOPENED SETS now -100 USD !!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Tue, 1 Apr 2003 01:17:21 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Mark Rideout writes:
In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Michael Ibansky writes:
  Hi,

I'm selling this unopened sets (found them in an local toy store):

More info on: http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=collector

Thanks.

Mike

Why do you say $100 USD in this post, but at your Brinklink site, you
request $500? Seems like you are doing some false advertising?

-mark

Nope, not false advertising... rather a "clash of cultures" (so to speak).

The seller is in Austria, and used the standard Austrian (and perhaps
European) presentation for sale items. You'll notice that there is a minus
sign in front of the "100".

In North America, we would advertise "$100 off" or "save $100", but in
Austria a minus sign is used to denote a savings. Same happens with
percentages: instead of "50% off" or "save 50%", they would use "-50%"
without further words.

Alan