 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 14816
14815  |  14817
Subject:
Large PERMANENT Markdowns at my Bricklink store LEGOTOWN
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Sat, 16 Nov 2002 05:09:53 GMT

Prices reduced to be toward the bottom of the average price curve on an item
by item/ color by color basis.  What a tedious, terible task :)  Having
opened my store over 2 years ago (when there were much fewer "Bricklinkers")
I realized my prices on many items were only "average" when my intent has
always been to be one of the low price leaders.

What you find in doing an item by item search is a wide variety of stores
with the lowest price for each individual item...however, in general, there
are a few stores that "keep coming up."  I have tried to adjust my prices in
a range with a few of these "target stores" and believe I've been successful
in doing so.  I must admit being such a tedious task...sometimes I got lazy
and just guessed on lower price.  Also, there are a few items I didn't lower
the price on because they have more value to me for personal use than just a
few cents.  Also, I have not had the opportunity to change prices on the
"Bricks" and "Modified Bricks" catagories.  Reductions for these will come ASAP.

ALL IN ALL, MY GENERAL "INVENTORY VALUE" HAS DECREASED 20-25%.   As a
result, you'll probably see fewer sales announcements in the future.
Anyway, after all the babbling, welcome to the new and improved LEGOTOWN!

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=legotown

AS ALWAYS...THANKS FOR LOOKING!!   Justin