 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 14712
Re: An important (to me) question - Would you like to own a piece of a little piece of the Internet?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Fri, 25 Oct 2002 15:15:54 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Anthony Sava writes:

So I've come up with this crazy idea to sell prints of my artwork.  I've thrown
together a page with some details which can be found here:

http://www.ozbricks.com/ikros/prints.html

So therein lies the question.  If I were to have professional prints made of >my artwork and present it for sale to the public, would there be a public >interest in it?

I'm a bit on the broke side myself lately.  But if I could scrounge up the
cash, I would certainly be interested in at least two of the images you
have.  Ideally, I would like prints on quality paper that could easily fit
into one of the standard frame sizes available in department stores these
days.  Here is an example of another artist whose prints I have purchased
online so I could decorate my walls with framed prints:

http://visualparadox.com/shop/index.html

Keep in mind, as with this example, the print size actually includes a
border (of maybe an inch or more?) so that when framed, the border is hidden
under the matting (sp?) but the image is not.  Also, this artist places
credits, copyright notice, and contact information on the border, just below
the image (so removing the print from the frame will reveal it is his work).

Just some thoughts.  Good luck!
-Hendo