 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 14623
Re: 1*1 light grey tiles needed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Mon, 30 Sep 2002 22:18:47 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, John P. Henderson writes:
In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, David Eaton writes:
In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Jan-Albert van Ree writes:
For a project which I hope to display at LEGOWorld 2002 I am in need of
1*1 light grey tiles, and LOADS of them. <snip>

Assuming you've got S@H in your area, you could always order a custom-made
mosaic set ($29.99) and get 1,980 light grey tiles.... Or split 'em up
between black 1x1's, *light* light grey, white, or dark grey...

Just check http://shop.lego.com/ under "web specials" -> "LEGO Mosaic"

I thought that trick would get you 1,980 1x1 plates (with stud on top).  Is
there a way to order the mosaic with tiles (no stud) ?  ...That would be a
great source of 1x1 tiles, but it would also make the included brick
separator rather useless...

Doh. My bad. I should read more carefully...

I was in that same boat myself a while ago-- 1x1 grey tiles are tough to
come by :( With luck, maybe you can inspire Troy or someone to buy loads of
the Monster Studio sets and sell off the 1x1 grey tiles that come in the
Vampire's Crypt...

DaveE