 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 14364
14363  |  14365
Subject:
M-wing kit update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Wed, 7 Aug 2002 12:39:20 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hi all. I thought I'd let everyone here know whats been going on. I've been
gathering the parts for my M-wing kits. The bad news is that due to the
initial investment in parts I will only be able to make 10 kits. If this all
goes well I will definitely consider making more kits in the future. (but
there are no guarantees)

I'll be putting the #1 kit on ebay to test the waters and judge demand.
After the auction is over I'll sell the other 9 in the traditional manner.
The price for the remaining 9 may or may not be based on the ebay auction's
price.

4 of the ships will be the original "rust" color.
2 will be red
2 will be green
2 will be blue

All buyers, including the ebay bidder will have a choice over what color
they get.

Aside from some having a different highlight color, the kit version of the
ship will have a few minor part changes to keep the price as low as
possible. (for instance the grey barrel on the engine will be replaced by
some other parts.)

Instructions will be on a CD Rom. They'll be photographed because the
bionicle 'foot' part is not available in LDraw.

Except for the very first kit, (which will have a custom pilot)I'm not
including a minifig in the set. If there is incredible demand for one I'll
see what I can do, but it will most likely raise the price of the kit by
around 2 dollars.

I am *not* selling this as a Star Wars product. This is an M-wing. Nothing
more.

I'm currently trying to figure out a way to number or personalize the kits
for each buyer.

Heres the ship for those who haven't seen it:
www.fbtb.net/jon/mwing1.html

-Jon