 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 14155
14154  |  14156
Subject:
Collection for sale - HUGE!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Wed, 26 Jun 2002 23:34:28 GMT

I have sent this email out to members of our local Lego Train Group.  I am
now posting it for the rest of Lugnet to see.  I prefer to sell to the true
Lego fans rather than part this behemoth out on ebay.  I am sure whoever
does so will pay for the collection and have a lot of bricks left over.  I
can email the spreadsheet that has my set totals in them to anybody who
wants it.  It is a 56K Excel file.

For shipping outside of California, I would just box up all the bricks I
have that are not currently in tubs and shrinkwrap them.  Freight would be
based on where in the USA you are.  Shipping per pound shouldn't be that
much, as this very easily will be a multiple ton lot.  I haven't weighed up
the entire collection yet, as it is hard to weigh this many bricks.  Serious
inquiries should email me and we can see how to best arrange freight.  I can
also take pictures for anybody who wants to see.  For references, I have
been on here for a while, but not much in the last 18 mos.  Many people from
BayLUG have seen my collection.

---------------

Well, it is with a sad heart that I come to realize I must sell my entire
Lego collection.  I have tried to size down my collection and done a decent
job of it, but finances now are dictating that it must go.  Over the past
year and a half, I have had scarcely any time to build and it looks like it
won't be changing any time soon.

Although I could probably just put it up on ebay in batches, I would prefer
to sell it all in one shot.  I have a spreadsheet detailing which sets I
have that I can send if anybody is seriously interested.  For the quick
rundown, my collection is about 550,000 pieces.  My spreadsheet tallies
560,000 pieces total, with about 360,000 being basic freestyle bricks and
about 200,000 other pieces.  I have a lot of train parts, of course, as well
as technic, mindstorms (3 sets) and city sets.

My asking price is $10,000.  I will deliver them to anywhere in California
and will also include the 15 tables I made for train shows that have folding
legs.  If the buyer or buyers want, I will also include the PNLTC style
tables I made with the bolt on legs.  I think I have about 5-6 of them as
well.  I will also include all the extra blue storage tubs that are housing
the collection right now (200+ of them totally full) and the parts drawers,
bins and such.

This collection would easily surpass this price if parted out on ebay or
brinklink, but I don't have the time to do it and really just don't have the
heart anymore.  I suppose that I could add that if anybody wants a 61" Sony
XBR Big Screen TV, I am selling that as well.  The set is in excellent shape
and puts out a pristine picture.  Asking $1200 and will deliver if I am
making a trip to deliver the Lego.  For those that have been out to my
house, you know how much Lego this is and probably have a good idea of what
it is worth.

Mike Poindexter