 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 13847
13846  |  13848
Subject:
Brickmania Discontinues 2000-2001 kits
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.brickshops
Date:
Thu, 2 May 2002 13:46:25 GMT

Hello everyone!

Just an update here on the current state of Brickmania custom kits.  I just
recently assembled what will be my second and final batch of Wild West
locomotive kits.  Similarly, I have decided to discontinue all of my previously
released 2000 and 2001 kits (except the Guarded Church, whose fate hinges on
parts availability). The following kits are still available, but on their final
runs:

Brickmania 002 Crossroads Tavern (the companion to my Blacksmith Shop) = 4 left.

Brickmania 201 WW2 Tank (the world's first custom military model kit) = 6 left.

Brickmania 202 F4U Corsair = 8 left.

Brickmania 203 WW2 Halftrack and Jeep = 6 left.

Brickmania 204 A6M Zero = 8 left.

Brickmania 301 Wild West Locomotive = 7 left.

Already out of production are Brickmania 203 Country Mill and 301A Wild West
Locomotive variant.

Printed instructions are currently available for all past and present Brickmania
kits, except the Blacksmith Shop of course.

The wrapping up of old production is being done to clear way for new custom kits
to be released in 2002 and 2003.  Here are the proposed plans by theme:

Castle: No new castle kits are scheduled for immediate release, other than the
already planned expansion modules for the Guarded Church.  A prototype for a
Norman Keep has been made, but I am holding off on production, pending better
parts availability?  I slipped a picture of it into my Brickshelf gallery here:

Military: The biggest push (or rather putsch) of the new line is going to be in
the form of a new
series of World War 2 armored fighting vehicles.  Already prototypes exist for
more than a dozen new models, including 3 remote controlled tanks and
instructions are already being drawn up for the first of the new kits.  Sneak
previews of the new kits can be viewed on my web site's gallery:

http://www.brickmania.com/gallery_war_machine.html

and also this Brickshelf folder:

These new kits will be of highest quality available, with many including
instructions and parts for alternate models. For example the StugIII will
contain additional parts and instructions to build a classic Panzer III from the
same kit.

Trains:  I have decided to discontinue my train building efforts, since my
passion for 8-wides have made my most recent models too large to make kit
building practical (and affordable!).

Of course, please feel free to browse my site (it's growing all the time):

http://www.brickmania.com

and don't forget my Bricklink parts store:

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=brickmania

Thanks for your support and take care!

Dan