 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 13580
13579  |  13581
Subject:
NEW kit from Lions Gate Models
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Mon, 11 Mar 2002 23:41:04 GMT

News from Lions Gate Models

1. NEW Heritage Building facade kit now available
2. Custom models
3. Current availability of Lions Gate Models kits

NEW Heritage Building facade kit now available
===================================
The first in my series of Heritage Building Facades is now available on the
LGM website at
http://www.lionsgatemodels.com/cat-rfac.htm . I plan to produce at least 3
more kits in the series, and all of them will be, like this kit, very heavy
on the doors and windows. They are based on the facades in my Main St
diorama (http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=7400 ), although
not identical to those. The idea is that you build your own building shell
to fit the area on your layout where you need to use it, and the facade
attaches to the front. Because these are very narrow front-to-back (all 4
studs or less at the base) you can use them in a very narrow area such as
the back of the layout, or behind a set of train tracks. I have 5 kits ready
to go immediately, and another 5 waiting for a Shop at Home delivery which
should get here this week. Take a look and let me know what you think!

Custom models
============
I recently began offering a custom model service which allows you to get a
pair of identical custom models for close to the same price-per-piece as one
of my kits. What you get is two pre-built copies of the same model (with
possible slight detail color differences depending on parts availability),
without instructions (so I don't have to spend weeks on the computer making
them). You can tell me what you want and I'll build the model to fit your
location and specifications. Having two the same could work if it's
something which would normally occur in multiples (eg row houses) or if you
can join with a friend to get one each, or have one for your home layout and
one for a club layout. Because I don't have to produce instructions, these
can be even larger and more detailed than the kits! Take a look at
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=12199 for an example of an
apartment block I'm working on right now as a custom pair.

Current availability of Lions Gate Models kits
===================================
See http://www.lionsgatemodels.com/prodcat.htm for more details...

Currently available:
NEW Heritage Facade (10)
Victorian House (2)
Hospital (1)
Tank Engine train set (1)
Fountain and pool (2)
Streetlamps (12)

Temporarily unavailable:
Minivan
City Park/Garden

No longer available (run sold out)
Factory
Schoolhouse
Corner Store
Open Air market
Armada Warship

Other Tidbits
=========
Don't forget the payment plan is still available - three equal payments mean
you *can* have that Hospital even if you can't lay out $389 right now.

Gift certificates available in multiples of $10

Don't forget the Town Building Contest at
http://www.lugnet.com/~41/towncomp/2002 ! Everyone is welcome to enter, and
there's a prize of a $50 Lions Gate Models gift certificate. Entries close
March 17th.

That's all for now!

Kevin
TOWN Lego Building contest! http://www.lugnet.com/~41/towncomp/2002