 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 12783
Re: buying used/new lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Mon, 5 Nov 2001 22:13:20 GMT

"Kevin Salm" <kdsalm@dreamscape.com> wrote in message
news:GMCKEt.21L@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Magnus Lauglo writes:

[ ... snipped ... ]

About getting your Lego back into the US when you return--a good option • may be
to ship it via the postal service.  You can pack the Lego up good and • tight and
chances are excellent that the parcel will arrive in the same condition. • I
don't think the same can be said for baggage and cartons handled by • airlines.
Be sure to post the Lego at least 2 weeks before you travel so that the • package
can be at your home waiting for you upon arrival.
It may seem like an extra expense, but if I were in your situation, this • is the
method I would use.

__Kevin Salm__
....Lego brick enthusaist for over 20 years....

[ ... snipped ... ]

I travel quite a bit and use the opportunity when I am on the road to buy
LEGO pretty regularly.  In fact, almost all of my large scale clearance
finds have been while I am on the road as not much makes it to deep discount
clearance here in NC.

I have transported quite a bit of LEGO as carry on and checked baggage on
airplanes always with good success.  I always pack it well and tape the
boxes up real good.  Taking it as baggage saves quite a bit on shipping as
well.  One time I was in London and found half a dozen of the World Cup
starter sets.  I hand carried them from London to LA to Las Vegas to
Portland and back to Raleigh.  They survived six airplane flights as checked
baggage without any problems.  I packed them in a garment bag box I got from
American Airlines.  I can't imagine how much it would have cost me to send
them back to the US via the mail.  Carrying them as baggage also allowed me
to get my VAT refund at the airport before I checked them in.

Check with your airline - see what your baggage limits are.

Mike

http://www.nclug.net - North Carolina LEGO Users Group
http://www.nclug.net/ctb - Carolina Train Builders
http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?u=mpw - Brick Depot