 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 12168
Re: New Brickbay shop- McBricks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Fri, 24 Aug 2001 18:54:10 GMT

This is the first mention of market.brickstores that I've seen.  It does not
appear to have been publicised much.

It seems weird to me, for these reasons:

1) I didn't see any announcement in buy-sell-trade about the new brickstores
group,
  let alone any announcement about Brickbay announcements belonging there.
  If Brickbay announcements were supposed to move from buy-sell-trade,
  wouldn't someone have said so there?

2) BrickBay is a place for selling Lego bricks and sets.  That is directly in
  the charter for market.buy-sell-trade.  If I want to buy something, I am
  just as interested in Brickbay store announcements as I am in
  announcements by individuals without Brickbay stores.

I think that combining Brickbay selling and non-Brickbay selling
makes more sense than combining Brickbay selling with
miscellaneous comments about Brickbay being up or down or
slow or needing new features.  This latter combination is what the
new market.brickstores group seems to do.

Furthermore, there was already a good group for brickbay up
and down messages, etc.:  market.services

Is market.brickstores really a good idea and why?
Is there an official Lugnet policy on this issue?

Cary Clark wrote:

In lugnet.market.brickshops, Nathan McDowell writes:
The store is called McBricks and the addy is-
http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?p=skiing_scotsman

<snip>

Thanks for announcing your store, Nathan. I think market.brickshops is
exactly the right group to announce any BrickBay-related news. But why
crosspost to buy-sell-trade?

Maybe I'm off-base (which is why I cross-posted to admin.general and pointed
the followups there) but I think it would be great if BrickBay traffic
refrained from posting to buy-sell-trade and market.shopping.

The great thing about market.brickstores is that if you're interested in
BrickBay and the like, there's only one place to look. I don't think you'll
miss any business by not posting to buy-sell-trade.

Thanks again

Cary

Cary,
I think you could miss business by not posting to buy-sell-trade,
especially if nobody told the people reading buy-sell-trade that
they should look in market.brickshops.  That's why I'm cross-posting
this to buy-sell-trade.
/Eric McC/