 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 1192
Re: *Orange*Orange*Orange*
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 1999 03:32:28 GMT

Simon Robinson wrote:
Err - I don't see why it's not right. If I say orange, I'll pronounce >it 'orrinj'. If I say lozenge, I'll pronounce it 'lozzinj'. Looks like >a rhyme to me - same vowel sounds, same emphasis on the 1st syllable, >same final consonent.   ?????

Perhaps there's a regional (continental!) accent difference here. In
rhyming, pronunciation is everything...

Kevin