 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 10725
Re: Selling my entire collection (214 sets)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Mon, 23 Apr 2001 06:13:21 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Darrell King writes:
I'm in a bit of a pickle and have to sell all of my lego sets to buy a new
laptop. I must have picked a bad week to list on ebay because It didn't come
near what I had expected.

Darrell, I really do hope you get your price.  A quick glance at the
pictures and set numbers involved suggests to me that this collection was
amassed fairly recently.  You have two troubles there: the sets are
generally opened and therefore in used condition however good the condition
of the bricks remains, and many of these items are often still available for
BOGO 50% or even less in MISB condition from retail outlets.  I absolutely
did not calculate what the sets might be worth collectively, but there too
you face the problem that someone buying one huge lot is not likely to pay
you good value for the sets as if they were considered individually.  I
dunno, I figure you might be lucky to get 25%-35% of full retail value for
these sets, collectively perhaps even less.

I gather you may be pinched for time, but you might do far better to start
trying to sell these one by one instead of as a single lot.

=(

Maybe I'm psycho -- I dunno.  I wish you good fortune!

-- Hop-Frog