 Marketplace / Brick Shops / 865
864  |  866
Subject:
New custom M4A3 Sherman "Jumbo" kit from Brickmania
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.brickshops
Date:
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 01:16:50 GMT

Hello!

Just letting everyone know that my latest World War Two custom building kit
will be available by the coming weekend.  This is my biggest and best kit of
this type yet and here's the info:

M4A3 Sherman "Jumbo" Heavy Assault Tank
designed by Daniel Siskind

The sixth WW2 custom Lego® model kit to be designed by Daniel Siskind and the
second of a new series of WW2 AFV models to be released by Brickmania.

The American Sherman Tank was one of the highest regarded and most easily
recognized of all Allied tanks during World War II. With over 40,000 made during
the war, it served in all fronts of the war and continued in Allied service
through the Korean War (and used in battle as late as 1973 by the Israeli
Defence Forces). In spite of it's notoriety of being undergunned and prone to
catching fire, it was highly regarded by Allied tanker crews for it's
reliablility and good over-all performance.

This model is representative of the heaviest class of Shermans known as "Jumbo."
In the face of delays with the T-26 heavy tank program, some 250 of these
heavily up-armored Shermans were rushed into production to counter the deadly
German heavy tanks and tough fortifications encountered in Western Europe. The
Jumbo had no less than 100mm of front hull armor and 150mm of armor plate on the
turret mantlet. Most were still inadequately equipped with the original 75mm
gun, but some models (as represented in this kit) were refitted with the more
deadly 76mm high velocity gun.

Special features of this model include posable turret and main gun, all five
crewment, a completely detailed hull interior (including driver and radio
operator stations, fighting compartment, and engine compartment), and six
opening hatches, and charactoristic suspension arrangement. Some more rare
elements include dark gray 24-tooth gears, a Lego rope, 236 links of Technic®
chain, and numerous decorated tiles.

This limited edition custom model kit contains 970 genuine Lego® building
bricks, complete full-color building instructions, and is packaged in a sealed
box. Each kit also comes with a Certificate of Authenticity, listing the kit
number and batch from when it was created.

This is a limited production, fan created model kit available on a first come,
first serve basis and may be discontinued at any time.

My previous customers have already reserved six of the first twenty kits and I
expect the rest of batch one to sell briskly.  Price for the complete kit is
$230 (plus $10 shipping in the US) and the full color instructions are also
available separately for $30 (plus $4 shipping in the US). I took some quick
snapshots of the final prototype in my drive way and have posted them, along
with ordering info here on my web site:

http://www.brickmania.com/gallery.html

I'll be adding better pictures in the near future.

Thanks for reading and take care!

Dan