 Marketplace / Brick Shops / 845
Re: Lego Pen beads for sale! Great for MOCs!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.brickshops
Date:
Tue, 3 Sep 2002 04:42:18 GMT

Mark,

Thanks for the update, I've moved my beads from Other to Pen Beads, hopefully they'll
get more notice there.

I think I might take a pic of the lamp setup to try to get interest in the Pearl beads -
I bought them specifically for lampposts, since all you need is a lamppost piece from
the HP sets and a 4x4 white radar dish, and you've got a really nice lamp!

Mark P wrote:

I was curious to see how they would sell. I have not seen them on BL that
much (maybe because there was no section for them, or maybe because the only
place to really buy them in bulk is at Legoland). I know one person had good
luck on selling a few of them so I thought it was worth a shot. It was not
really a huge investment anyways, and plus if they did not sell I could
always use them myself.

But in fact, I sold over 30 of them within a few hours of posting that they
were for sale, all for between .75 and $1.00.  But I did have more colors
than whats listed now - like the trans pink and trans purple ones, solid
purple.. etc. Granted the few left in my shop are still sitting there
untouched but they will hopefully sell as well. They really are great for a
new look in MOCs. And I am still planning to get more of them on my next
trip to Legoland as I have gotten a few requests via email for some.

Clark just added the Pen Bead category on BL on Thursday, and I have added
as much of the beads as I know of....
http://www.bricklink.com/catalogList.asp?catType=P&catID=464

But I had no idea you had them listed until just now, when I did a search
for 'Pen Bead' I only got a return for one store (besides mine)...
http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?q=pen+bead

So maybe that had something to do with it, i dunno. I just persoanlly never
thought of making it plural for the search. But now that there is a pen bead
section (and thankfully its in the 'parts' section!) we can list them there
and get some sort of history for them.

And yes, the pearl ones are GREAT for lampposts!! I have seen one person use
them for that - and I really think if more pepole saw how great they look
they would be flying out as fast as they could be added to the shop.

Mark P
mfuss903
http://www.landofbricks.com <-- the site
http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=mfuss903 <-- the store

In lugnet.market.brickshops, Thomas Stangl writes:
No offense intended, Mark, as setting prices on "Other" parts can be difficult, but
you might find it hard to clear them out at those prices - I've had beads in my
store for over a year at $.50 each and even the "pearl" ones, which are killer
parts for lamppost bulbs, haven't sold out.

What's really amazing is that you only overlap my inventory on ONE bead type, and
we cover most of the beads ;-)

Mark P wrote:

I have just added some multi-purpose Lego Pen Beads to my shop. After you buy
your Lego Pen, you will need some extra beads to go along with it. These beads
also work with regular Lego parts. Some of them may fit lose, and some may fit
tight - but they do work and look great as additions to your MOCs. They are all
in the 'Other' section in my shop..
http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=mfuss903

If there are any questions feel free to ask!

--
Tom Stangl
***http://www.vfaq.com/

--