 Marketplace / Brick Shops / 1379
Re: suspended Bricklink shops
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.market.brickshops
Date:
Mon, 23 Aug 2004 17:05:11 GMT

However, if I were a seller and I learned that a famous character were receiving
preferential treatment soley for name recognition, I would certainly close my
shop and go elsewhere; if I were a buyer, I would likewise hesitate before
buying via such a biased service framework.

I have no interest in participating in a system that fosters a cool-seller's
clique.

The issue is *not* that Lar is receiving preferential treatment. The issue as I
see it (based on my observation of historical events on BL and conversations
with many others who observed same events) that Lar is getting exceptional
unfavorable treatment because of personal issues.

So, he's being unfairly discriminated *against.* Doesn't matter if its Lar or
not receiving the mistreatment, its mistreatment. Sure, there's an outcry
because Lar's recognizeable -- regardless of who it is, that doesn't make it
less wrong.

-Tim