 Marketplace / Brick Shops / 1186
Re: A small question about tyres
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.brickshops
Date:
Fri, 5 Sep 2003 20:29:48 GMT

Hi Chris

What's the difference between the two?

They will both fit the 'Wheel 20 x 30 Technic' 4266,

http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?q=4266

http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/4266

But the balloon tyre is shorter. In other words, attached to the same vehicle
4267 20x30 solid tyre provides higher ground clearance.

However, I am looking for a subsitute until I get the parts I want.

These are old parts, thus I would highly recommend checking out which sets they
come in (Peeron) and see if those sets are available on ebay. You might want
to check for lego technic wheels as well, as wheels in general are among the
most common of lego parts and are extremedly cheap in the second hand bulk
market. Chances are that you will get a better deal closer to home this way.