 Marketplace / Auctions / 9400
Re: Resurecting the lego parts auction
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Tue, 27 Aug 2002 01:26:19 GMT

In lugnet.market.auction, Brian Lanning writes:
Nearly four years ago, my wife and I ran a parts auction.  We had 33,000
pieces from 149 sets, and 135 different bidders.  It was the only one with
variable lot sizes.  It was a great success.  After the success of the
auction, we planned to have another.  And spent the next couple years slowly
accumulating sets for the next auction.  It sort of never happened though.
Here it is four years later.  We have a huge pile of sets, and a vast amount
of software I wrote to run the site.  So do you think there's still an interest?

brian

With the advent of BrickLink, the need for such auctions (like Auczilla) is
greatly diminished.  You'll probably do better by opening a shop there.

-Rob.