 Marketplace / Auctions / 8920
Re: Odd Auction o' the Day
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Thu, 13 Dec 2001 16:21:21 GMT

In lugnet.market.auction, Greg Perry writes:
In lugnet.market.auction, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:

  Seen on eBay today, starting at $329.99 (no bids yet, and I
  don't expect he'll get any):

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1674820381

  So very, very odd.  Especially considering it's out of the box,
  and the seller sorta implies that it's his own creation.

There was a thread on RTL recently that had to do with a SoL being auctioned
as a pre-built model (perhaps from this same person).

I went and looked...yep, same yahoo.

I'm gonna' go e-mail him and see if he 'fesss up to the fact that this is an
actual LEGO set, and ask him where he got those "pale green legos" or if he
"spraypainted" the statue.

What is it Larry was doing? Putting up an auction for a penny with the info
for S@H? He got in trouble with eBay for that, right? Ah well...

Matt