 Marketplace / Auctions / 8824
Re: Choice Castle Sets... coming soon from the Swan Collection
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Mon, 19 Nov 2001 21:00:30 GMT

In lugnet.market.auction, Richard Marchetti writes:
In lugnet.market.auction, Larry Pieniazek writes:
There are some tasty Castle sets in the Swan Colletion...

What is the "Swan Collection"?

Thanks for asking!

http://www.lugnet.com/pause/originals/swan/swan.htm

This ultra large collection (by the standards of the day) was sold to a
consortium including myself some time ago and is being returned to its
constituent sets. Well mostly.

We are going to preserve some of the original buildings (perhaps including
some visible here: http://www.lugnet.com/pause/originals/swan/swan14.jpg)
and sell them off (or retain them for ourselves) as original models.

The process is rather laborious and unfortunately some of the lots will not
include instructions as William Swan did not retain multiple instruction
copies (as I suspect many of us do not). But much of the Castle sets we
believe to be present have been extracted.

All the actual extraction work is being done by Bill Katz, who long time
readers of LUGNET and RTL will remember as being quite active, and as having
run many auctions using a homebrew system. For reasons of wide exposure we
will be selling on eBay though.

We are hoping to get all the castle sets up for auction well in time for
christmas with some sets launching yet this week if all goes according to
plan... (mostly it depends on my completing my autolisting generator...)

++Lar

++Lar