 Marketplace / Auctions / 8665
Re: Terrorist Attacks on America
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Wed, 12 Sep 2001 06:03:55 GMT

In lugnet.market.auction, Matthew Gerber writes:
In lugnet.market.auction, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:
In lugnet.general, Matthew Gerber writes:
In lugnet.general, Erik Olson writes:
That was an eerie scene on TV of tourists continuing to buy postcards of the
towers.

PERSONAL:

I kinda' wish you hadn't posted this, Erik...I went to eBay and searched
World Trade Center...I should have known better...I want to scream! Go
there...see what I mean...(at least eBay is quashing many of the
offensive/useless auctions)

NEWS:

Following up this message...from FoxNews.com:

EBay Bans Sale of Trade Center, Pentagon Souvenirs
Tuesday, September 11, 2001

NEW YORK  — Internet auction giant eBay banned the sale of any items
relating to the World Trade Center or the Pentagon, out of sensitivity to
Tuesday's terrorist attacks.

  They'd better work faster.  They're still going up.
  Losers are trying to get $800 for a $10 print and using text
  directly referencing the attack.  The worst part is that
  people are actually *bidding*.  They know what they're
  doing is disgusting too--three day auctions all, with tons
  of BUY IT NOWs.

  If it weren't liable to get me into severe legal trouble,
  I'd spend all night writing "you so-and-so vulture, you
  make me sick, may you rot!" emails to these sellers, just
  to vent.  Or better yet, get an anonymous handle, bid high
  (or BiN) for everything and then not follow through and
  watch them try to recoup the Buy It Now fees.  Alas, I'm
  not into fraud either.

QUICK! Check this out before it goes away...especially check the high
bidders name and the current high bid...this ROCKS!

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1464736291

Oops...I guess others are into this too...some wag bid even more...go to the
bid history to see the name of the bidder who killed the auction with a bid
of $10,000...

Matt