 Marketplace / Auctions / 862
FA: Castle (6030, 6040, 6073)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Sat, 6 Mar 1999 17:32:03 GMT

Hi.  I have 3 older castle sets for auction.  These are:

6030 Catapult (80 pieces, 2 figs, 1984).  This is a neat little catapult
which complements the 6073 castle nicely.  No instructions, missing the
white and green pennant flags; one of the figs is somewhat chewed on the
torso and has a ding in his helmet (maybe the catapult backfired...?).
Otherwise complete in very good condition.
Min. Bid:  $7

6040 Blacksmith Shop (89, 2, 1984).  This is a really cool little set
which I'm sorely tempted to keep (so the opening bid won't be at bargain
level!)  It includes a blacksmith with leather apron, soldier, a
pitchfork, and a couple of red extreme slope corners.  This example is
complete in very good shape with no instructions.

6073 Knight's Castle (408, 6, 1984).  This classic set includes 4 soldiers
and two knights ready for battle.  Lots of nice pieces, including 12 black
inverse medium slope corners and all three original red and black (!)
feathers (2 of each still in the wheels).  Missing one shield
(yellow-rimmed) and the string (I'll probably replace this), but
otherwise complete in very good condition. Also
includes original instructions in very good condition.
Min. Bid:  $70

Rules:
1.  This will be a once-twice-sold auction.  Advances will take 24 hours
(this may decrease if I want to speed things up) and will begin in about
10 days.  I would like to have the auction over within 3 weeks (by March
26 or so), so get your bids in early.
2.  I'll probably update every two days via e-mail and perhaps
twice a week on RTL.  E-mail me to be on the list or to bid.
3.  Payment via check or money order; I reserve the right to wait for
checks to clear.
4.  International buyers welcome as long as payment is in US dollars via
check or money order.
5.  Buyer pays shipping.  The smaller sets will probably be shipped
Priority Mail within the US (which costs $3.20).  The 6073 shouldn't cost
more than $4.30 to ship Priority Mail.  International bidders may inquire
about shipping costs prior to bidding.
6.  I expect prompt payment at the end of the auction.
7.  I reserve the right to refuse participation to individuals and to very
the identity of bidders to my satisfaction (haven't refused anybody yet
and hopefully never will have to!).
8.  Trades:  I'm usually game for trades but need cash right now.  The
only things I might go for are a 4547 Club Car, 7815, 7819, or 7820.